Wednesday 3 July 2019

The Secret to Cat Longevity is The Cat-Heater Hybrid

As the middle of winter approaches, the necessity for a winter-themed photo increases. Thankfully, I have just such a photo handy.
Here is my cat, Ms Willow Pussycat, managing to not burn herself whilst trying to fuse with the heater:


Willow is 20.5 years old and refuses to die. She is a lovely housemate (I've had her for 19.5 years), though in recent times, she has taken to peeing in the corridor instead of in the litter tray - so I've had to line the corridor with garbage bags. Still, she seems mostly happy and reasonably healthy, and occasionally she will pee in the litter tray. I appreciate that this is not ideal and that once a cat starts not using the litter tray properly, it might be time for kitty to go to cat-heaven. However, I don't think she's actually incontinent, I suspect that her older bones find the litter tray a bit cramped so she prefers to go in the corridor (thankfully, she hasn't chosen to prefer the kitchen or my bed). I'm not sure I'm okay with sending her to the afterlife for the crime of wrongly placed pee (unless she starts peeing on me, then we're going to have a problem - only I'm allowed to pee on me).

1 comment:

kolibet said...

Nice picture of your aging cat managing to snuggle by the heater without getting scorched (hopefully...) -
Your use of "fuse" had me wondering if Willow was willing to play as a fireworks fuse (remember i'm french ?)
Also, "heater" reminded me of "theater", and i was wondering what kind of play Willow could be featuring in...
Then i found a quote from Macbeth (i thought the Great Will was a suitable author for your Willow) - it says that drink "is a provoker of three things", namely "nose-painting, sleep, and urine" (seeing her on the floor, i was thinking she might have been a bit sloshed) -
Long live Willow ! (hoping she won't need any catheter, as i did, last autumn...)