Friday 29 January 2010

Karamazov Count: Page 800

ONLY 92 MORE PAGES!!!

Praise the Lord (and I say that with all the faith of an atheist). The end is in sight. But I need to stay calm. I need to stay focused. I haven't yet reached the finish line. The Brothers Karamazov is a marathon read, not a sprint. These last 92 pages could well be the hardest. I may yet find myself plummeting into the depths of an even more terrifying literary hell than I did with 'The Grand Inquisitor'. I may yet need to draw upon the very last vestiges of my inner strength and endurance and dignity. I may yet find myself overusing expressions like: "I may yet".

But I'm psyched. I'm confident I can handle it. I've cleaned my glasses and I'm wearing comfortable pants. I'm ready for whatever Dostoyevsky throws at me.

No comments: