Thursday 24 December 2009

From the Pen of my Electricity Supplier...


Dear Nicole,

We apologise for the delay in sending your energy bill

At [electricity supplier], we understand how important timeliness and accuracy are when it comes to your energy bills. That's why we regret to inform you that there was an unexpected delay in sending you the enclosed bill.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. You can be sure that we did everything in our power to resolve the situation quickly

Hugs and Kisses

General Manager Retail Operations


YOU SADISTIC BASTARDS!!! Not being able to pay my bill these past weeks has been an unbearable torment! One of the few things from which I can still derive some semblance of pleasure in this misery-laden existence I begrudgingly refer to as my life [pause for breath], is the handing over of my cold hard cash to my utilities suppliers. (Actually to the nice people at Australia Post).

Yes, it's been a distraught couple of weeks, but thankfully it's all over. My electricity bill is now sitting safely, along with my gas bill, in the groovy mail-holder thingy my mother gave me, waiting to be paid. And all is well with the world.

2 comments:

bro said...

i'm amazed they didn't send you a xmas card as well, with happy snaps of "your supply team" wearing xmas hats .. :)

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

sounds like just the kind of thing those maniacal energy suppliers would do...I'll have to be careful when I open any bills around my birthday