Saturday 28 November 2009

Karamazov Count: Page 600 (Yet Another Tangent)

Oldest Karamazov brother, Mitya, has been taken into custody for the murder of his father (pg 589). I, the reader/masochist, don't believe he did it. In fact, I'm now beginning to suspect that nobody murdered papa Karamazov. I'm greatly aided in my suspicion by the upcoming chapter heading "Nor was There Even Any Murder" (pg 848) - the drunken muddle-headed madcap probably fell over, knocked himself unconscious and bled to death (a fitting demise). However, there's no point worrying my pretty little head about it at the moment as I've still got another 248 pages to read before I get to the chapter.

So, meanwhile, back in the hypergraphic mire...having left me hanging with Mitya's torment, Mr D has gone off on yet another tangent...something about a neighbourhood boy...intelligent but naughty (rascally?)...I'm sure it's important, and it is vaguely interesting, but I want to get back to the main story.

And speaking of annoying but (mostly) lovable obsessive-compulsive genius-type persons, here is a disturbing clip from the TV show "The Big Bang Theory" (nerd humour rocks!) featuring theoretical physicist, Dr Sheldon Cooper, and his long-suffering neighbour, Penny (who is nursing him during his time of dire illness; he has a cold):






"...little ball of fuuuuurrrrr!"

No comments: