Tuesday 22 September 2009

Karamazov Count: Page 400

Almost halfway through (to be precise; 45% of the way through - going strong). And STUFF is happening; incrementally. However, I don't feel like discussing Karamazov just now, so I won't. But why then, oh sageness, did I give this blog entry the title "Karamazov Count"? Because I'm a crazy-kooky-wild-unpredictable gal...Actually, due to an incurable anally-retentive-obsessive-compulsive need to document my Karamazov progression and, in particular, the 100-page milestones (eg page 100, 200 300...400! etc), I had little choice but to give this blog entry the "Karamazov Count" heading, regardless of its content...So get to the feckin' content already!

Um, sure...What to say? What can I possibly say that hasn't already been said? How about: "river pink fallen tomorrow chromatograph necessary". I suspect many people will disagree with this statement but I stand by my words, or at the very least, next to them.

I think it's becoming blatantly apparent that I have nothing to say at this particular moment of my seemingly never-ending existence. The problem is that my mind, with its vast limitations, is very near to neuronal-synaptic capacity; it's just able to organize the rest of me to function day to day. Is this due to a hectic life? By the standards of the society I live in, I'm not especially busy; by the standards of me, I'm busier than I'd like to be (mainly due to work). And my current brain-ruminations, which are somewhat distracting, aren't things I'd be comfortable putting onto Effulgent13. Hence the blank.

So, instead, here is The Dream by Salvador Dali:


3 comments:

bro said...

congratulations dear effulgent .. page 400 is indeed an achievement .. we should celebrate with toasties and hot choccie perhaps?? i myself am halfway through the first novel i have read in years .. not quite the level of achievement of karamazov .. but exciting just the same !!

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

Just take it one page at a time, bro, you'll get there.

Mr D said...

While I cannot condone the absence of intellectual discourse pertaining to my Karamazov masterpiece, I take fathomable comfort in the awareness of your continued persistence.
However, I reiterate my earlier promise to conduct visitations upon you and drive you to the edge of sanity, if you abandon this exalted literary assignation.

Incoporeal hugs & kisses,

F.D.