Monday 14 September 2009

"Heeere's Johnny!!!" *

Here is a visual representation of my psyche from earlier today:



But after some hot chocolate and a chat with Mum (and driving over my neighbour's shoes**, which were left in the middle of the driveway), my psyche looks like this:



I'd say there's a definite "Tiger/Lamb" paradox going on today. (I've put this pretentious sentence in so I can use the enigmatic "Tiger/Lamb" label).


*My thanks to the lovely Jack Nicholson and the lovely Stanley Kubrick for their lovely film creation of my second favourite Stephen King (who is also lovely) novel, The Shinning. My favourite Stephen King novel is Carrie; who is a GODDESS! - and also lovely.

**the shoes were not wrecked, just a little misshapen, and I frequently have to move shoes left in the driveway when I want to drive in or out; still, now that I'm a rose-bearing child-angel I feel a little regretful for my driveway rage.

4 comments:

bro said...

Dearest effulgent13 .. I defeinitely feel you were justified in running over the offending shoes and I hope you are enjoying your return to serenity ps - i got interupted by a work thing, while i wea

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

"I got interupted by a work thing, while I wea..."

don't leave me in suspense, what happened next:

weave?
wearily?
weaken?
weasel?
wear?
wean?

bro said...

oooh .. thought i had deleted that bit .. twasn't necessary after i had discovered my error from earlier in the day .. what happened was that i typed a comment and got interupted by work .. OUTRAGEOUS .. but i thought i had posted succesfully. then some hours later realised i hadn't typed in the "word verification" thing .. so .. it never got onto the site .. this post was my second effort and i must have forgotten to delete that final bit.

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

Ah, "Word Verification" takes another victim. I don't have to do "Word Verification" when posting a comment here, I guess since it's my own blog I'm unlikely to be spam. But I've had to do it on other things and sometimes it's really hard to work out the letters.