Monday 1 March 2010

How Long Has This Been Going On?

I'm currently obsessed with this photo of Metallica band members James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich:



I mean, seriously, does it not suggest something a little more intimate between James and Lars than just friendship? It's all there, especially in Lars' eyes (or is that just irritation from too much eyeliner?). Whatever be the truth, I have to admit to being quite taken by the idea that James and Lars may have made more than just music together.

The photo was taken during the Load album era (and, given that the album cover features an Andres Serrano photograph titled Semen and Blood III, which features these exact body fluids, I think it's safe to assume that one interpretation of the album title is that it refers to the first of these fluids). Some Metallica fans were not happy with this not-so-heavymetal album or with Metallica's not-so-heavymetal image during this period. Not me. I like them as Metal Cowboys:




Although I have some reservations about this photo:




Um...Metal Cowboys on Acid?

No comments: