Saturday 14 November 2009

Mouldy Goodness

Yesterday, I accidentally ate a piece of bread with mould on it. I thought I might die, or at least become gravely ill. I developed a slight headache and felt a little wobbly (psychosomatic?). But then, after awhile, I started to feel pretty good - kind of calm and at peace with the world. Trippy! (Rhymes with hippy). Hmmm...mouldy bread seems to agree with me, maybe I should eat more???

[I have just read up on bread mould - apparently it can be quite toxic - plus, it does taste a bit funny, which is what alerted me in the first place. So, if there are young children reading this or foolish adults: Don't eat mouldy bread!!! It's possible I got away with it because I have some weird 1%-of-the-population type biochemistry which can tolerate at least one type of bread mould (there are many types, some more toxifying than others). AND I've worked for many years with highly toxic chemicals, so I've probably built up some kind of superhuman immunity to toxins (this could be my superpower!). Gosh, there's soooo many things I could do with toxin immunity - I could become a food taster for a king (do they still have those?) or I could become rich by hustling people in poison eating competitions (do they still have those?). However, for the moment, I'm going to go to the supermarket to buy some FRESH bread.]


Colour-enhanced scanning electron micrograph of bread mould (looks like grapes):


No comments: