Tuesday 2 December 2008

Christmas Cards

To anyone who recently received a Christmas card from me – Don’t Panic – I haven’t been overtaken by Christmas loving aliens. I still maintain a fervent anti-Christmas stance. It’s just that I was sent a bunch of Christmas cards painted by people who can’t use their hands (so they paint with their mouths or feet). There was also a sheet of paper with photos of the people, their names and a short biography (mostly they’d become quadriplegics after an accident). It seemed pretty legitimate and a lot of trouble to go to for a scam. So I figured it was genuine.

Which is all well and fine, except that I was left with a pile of evil, but nicely painted, Christmas cards, which made me very uncomfortable. But as I thought about chucking them in the recycle bin I was struck by a brilliant idea – I could send them to people. Crazy.

I haven’t written my true sentiments regarding Christmas on the cards out of respect for those of you with young children (and those of you who retain a child-like love of Christmas) but I think it’s important for people (especially family and friends) to know my true feelings. So here are the words that should have been on the cards: “Christmas Sux! Love, Nicole.”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't fight it .. i can sense the true xmas spirit from you this year. no bah hum bug from effulgent13 .. only joy and xmas carols. your card was my second to arrive. It is sitting next to the one from my local member and i shall treasure it immensely this year .. :)

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

I've also got a christmas card from my local member...it's good to see they're working hard on the important things.

Scrooge.