Friday 17 February 2012

The International Film Festival is Happening in My Loungeroom

The films chosen for my latest batch of 5 weekly dvds for $10 (it used to be 6 weekly dvds - economic hardship must have caused the rental store to make some drastic changes) are from all over the globe:

Korea - Princess Aurora
Iran - My Tehran For Sale
Pakistan - Son of a Lion

and, well, 2 from the US

The Runaways
Heathers ("dear diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count")

Had I realized, prior to leaving the rental store, how close I was to choosing 5 films from 5 different countries, I would've chosen more wisely - or, more globally. In fact, I WAS considering a Japanese film until I saw that Heathers had shifted itself from 3-day hire to weekly, and I've been waiting (and waiting) for that dark classic of seething high school society to go weekly. My life is very complex.

No comments: