Monday 17 November 2008

All Night Long

No, not that lilting melody by the lovely Lionel Ritchie. And no, sadly, not that other thing.

The title of this blog post refers to the length of time spent, by my neighbour, playing heavily bass-laden music. Normally I love the bass. I'm totally "addicted to bass" - I too hunger for the beast below. But not at 3am, two nights in a row. And there have been other nights - sometimes I fall asleep despite the noise, I'm usually a good sleeper. But not at the moment. And last night, as I lay in bed, my head pounding, I imagined myself breaking down my neighbour's door and smashing the speaker over her head. Which isn't very nice, and I quite like her. She's in her early twenties and I think she has a good heart and I like her music the rest of the time. I suspect she doesn't realise how well bass-laden music travels in the stillness of the night.

So I wrote her a polite but firm note explaining how her musical-joy is detracting from my sleep-joy. I don't know if it will have any effect and I feel like a grumpy old woman, but she needs to be warned; as sleep-deprived Nicole might morph into psychotic-speaker-smashing-over-the-head Nicole.

I actually know quite a bit about her life as we share a wall and she's fond of speaking at a yelling volume. It's always interesting when her boyfriend comes over. He's a very passionate young man. Sometimes he stands outside her bedroom window (I assume this is because she won't let him inside) calling out his love to her (or something like that). It's all very Romeo and Juliet. Just last week I happened to glance out the back window and noticed he was standing in the backyard without his shirt on, I guessed he was sunbaking - I checked a few more times, just to be sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope the letter worked and i'm glad you enjoyed ..er .. confirmed the "sunbaking" .. love bro

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

All is quiet on the western front. And in the eastern suburbs.