Sunday 26 October 2008

Paranoid/Interrogation

Paranoid. I once had a boss who I found a bit creepy. I can't explain why. He was polite and there was nothing inappropriate in his behaviour. Maybe the moon was in the seventh house and Jupiter aligned with Mars*. Whatever the reason, I started to believe that he could read my mind. It was a vague notion at first, but it grew stronger. I eventually decided I needed to prove it one way or the other. So I waited until he was looking away from me, absorbed in his work, then I made a really loud scream in my head. Nothing. He didn't flinch. Even if he knew I was going to scream he would have moved a little; it was a very loud scream.
Of course now that I'm thinking about it, I'm beginning to wonder if maybe he could switch off his mind reading ability. Maybe he didn't have it turned on when I screamed...

Interrogation. One of my friends was sitting in the passenger seat of my car while I was reversing it out of a car park. She asked me a fairly innocuous question. I replied by revealing to her a piece of information I didn't want known. Then I nearly crashed the car.


*"...then peace will guide the planets and looovve will steer the stars: this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius, the age of Aquariuuuss, Aqaaaariius, Aqaurius..."

No comments: