Saturday 18 October 2008

Less Empty

I setup this blog so I could make comments on other blogs. I wasn't intending to write anything. But I found myself staring at the empty page; all blank and lifeless. I felt compelled to fill it. Since I can't fill it with chocolate or alcohol, I'll have to fill it with words. Also, I feel a bit voyeuristic and leech-ish reading other people's blogs but not writing my own.

Effulgent (the name of this blog) is a strange word. My dictionary (the Australian Concise Oxford Dictionary) tells me that it means "radiant; shining brilliantly". I think 'effulgent' sounds incredibly painful, like it might explode. Perhaps the only way for something to become radiant or to shine brilliantly is for it to explode.

13. I added 13 to the title because blogger wouldn't let me have just effulgent. I like the number 13. It's the date of my birth (a Tuesday, not a Friday - though I turned 13 on a black Friday - groovy). I also like it because it's a prime number. My brothers were also born on prime numbers, 7 and 11. I think this is significant. And there are 3 of us, and 3 is a significant number (and a prime). Interesting. Or, for anyone who isn't me, not interesting.

3 comments:

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

"The road to pathological solipsism is paved by leaving comments on your own blog"

Effulgent13

Willow said...

Meow

Nicole_Effulgent13 said...

Well said, Willow.